Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
by Dominic Piscitelli
Richard from Southbury needed a huge siding job done on his home. The siding needed new sheathing, corner board trim, and downspouts. It was a tough job, but he knew the Weathertite team could get the job done.
The Weathertite team completed the following actions:
- Remove the existing cedar clap board siding down to the decking from the wall above the garage doors on the right side of the home in the designated area only. 2 courses above second story window down to 2 courses above the garage doors.
- Remove the existing window trim down to decking from all 3 windows in the area and discard.
- Remove and replace up to 3 4x8 sheets of damaged sheathing with new CDX plywood
- Replace any additional sheathing
- Remove the entire corner board trim from the left side of the wall and discard
- Remove the existing downspout from the right corner and save
- Remove the damaged corner trim only from the right side where the downspout was removed from and discard
- Install new synthetic house wrap to the area removed
- Install new white composite corner trim to the left side where removed
- Install new window trim of like style to the areas removed
- Install new brake bent PVC coated window trim metal to the areas removed
- Install new white composite corner trim to the right side where removed
- Install new pre-primed cedar clap board siding to the area removed
- Re-install original downspout to the area removed
- Apply tripolymer seal where needed
- Remove the damaged corner trim only from the wall located on the front left side of the home and discard
- Install customer supplied corner trim to the area removed
- Apply tripolymer sealant where needed
- Remove all debris